Saturday, November 3, 2012

Eating Dinner with the family

So I decided that It was time to start taking time to spend with my family more, I wanted to try and eat dinner three times a week together...I must add that as easy as this sounds it is not a simple task. Sometimes I felt like the one woman ring show, sitting alone waiting for everyone to finish or get off work.  
   Other times it was a serious event where I would make something and enjoy the day with the kids.

As we came together though, I realized that sometimes it is nice to sit down and talk about the day and enjoy a warm meal together. It helped me realize that we are a very hectic family, fighting and arguing (5 year old and a 4 year old) it tends to happen to the best of us. I am happy to say that we are still trying to make the 3 days a week sometimes more if possible!!

The next task is to slow down and smell the roses literally........ Life is not a race, no need to speed around getting upset and getting agitated from things not happening right then like; My son and daughter love to help but sometimes I am like no not right now or I need to get this done right now go play mommy will be done soon! Instead of saying no go make it a game....Encouraging now means more help in the future.... Stay tuned to see how well that works out (Not a whole lot of luck on my end but I will try )

              Tomorrow I am going to tell you about a new family fun day that we have discovered!!!!! So see you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you learned something from this experiment. They are only young once... it'll pass along and be over before you know it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is helping to settle them down some. It give them positive attention while still encouraging family time

    ReplyDelete